RENEWAL OF PERMANENT RESIDENT - Price [$1,000]
Renewing your Permanent Resident (PR) is a simple as A, B, C with MIS. We help you renew your PR card if it expires, misplaced, stolen or damaged. The Renewal of Permanent Resident is for existing holders of Canada PR card. An applicant of PR card must have a valid PR card or permanent resident travel document (PRTD) to return to Canada by plane, train, bus or boat. Without one, you may not be able to board.
Your PR card needs to be valid when you show it. If your card expires, you will have to apply for a new one. You are still a permanent resident if your card expires.
New permanent residents don’t need to apply for a PR card. To be eligible for a PR card, you need to:
- be a permanent resident, and
- submit your application in Canada.
An applicant applying for Canada permanent residents must be age 18 and above. In some cases, it may be used for permanent residents under the age of 18 who wish to apply for citizenship. Please see section below on “Minors Applying for Citizenship” before deciding which form to use for a minor.
Requirements to become a permanent resident include the following:
- been physically in Canada for at least 1,460 days in the six years before you apply
- been physically in Canada for at least 183 days during any four calendar years that are fully or partially within the six years before you apply
- filed income taxes for any four taxation years that are fully or partially within the six years before you apply.