The Express Entry is the system that allows people with skilled work experience such as Doctor, Lawyer, Accountant, Science Laboratory Technician, Academic Scholar among others  and Federal Skilled traders to apply for Canada Visa. Canadian Immigration Authority usually selects skilled immigrants as permanent residents based on points, ability to settle in Canada and contributions to economy development.  Applicants are expected to complete Express Entry profile within 60 days after initiating the application.

The minimum requirement varies depending on whether you are applying alone, or alongside other members (spouse, children). The minimum requirement is also different depending on whether you are applying for studying in Quebec or outside Quebec. Canadian student visa requirements also include proof of funds to support yourself. At present this is deemed to be C$10,000 (~US$7,070) for every year of your stay (C$11,000/~US$7,780 if you're applying to study in Quebec) on top of your tuition fees

The amount of money you will need to show to proof that you have enough money when you apply to immigrate.

Yes. As long as you are replacing it at the time to and when statement is submitted u have the required amount

If you’re eligible, the tool will send you to your online account to fill out an Express Entry profile.

Create or sign in to your account

To complete your profile, you’ll need:

information from certain documents (for example, language test results)

your National Occupational Classification (NOC) job title and code
You have 60 days to complete and submit your Express Entry profile. Otherwise, you’ll have to start again.
Once you’ve filled out your profile, you can submit it online. We’ll figure out which immigration program you’re eligible for under Express Entry.

Canada Immigration and Citizenship Authority will only accept proof of funds in the name of the principal applicant, or accompanying spouse (or both). Therefore proof of funds jointly owned in your parents’ name will not be accepted. You will need to transfer to personally account, If you transfer into a single account you will have to explain where the large deposit came from. Immigrant might need a signed affidavit from your parents stating that the transferred amount is entirely yours and no part of it is owed to your parents. The funds must be entirely yours and cannot be partly owned, or borrowed, from anybody else – including your parents

To study in Canada, you must have legal status. You also need to find out if you need a study permit. If you don't need a study permit: you can enrol in your studies, but remember that you must leave Canada at the end of the authorized period or apply to extend your stay as visitor. ***

You can bring money into Canada in different forms. When you arrive, you must tell a border official if you are carrying more than C$10,000. If you bring more than C$10,000 (or the equivalent in another currency) into Canada, you must declare the amount when you arrive.

International students in the country may work on campus or off campus or else they can opt to work as a co–op student or intern, if they want to earn while they study in order to support their pocket. If you are an international student and don’t want to be out of pocket at a place very far away your home, you can opt for any of the following work opportunities in Canada for international students, as suggested by the CIC:

Work off campus:

To extend their pocket strength, international students in Canada can work off campus. They may gain work experience by working off campus while completing their studies. As per CIC, international students will be qualified to work off campus without a work permit, if:

  • they are a full-time students having a valid study permit,
  • they are enrolled at a designated learning institution for a post-secondary studies or studying a secondary level vocational programme in Quebec
  • they are studying an academic, vocational or professional training programme of at least six months in duration that will earn them a degree, diploma or certificate.

Visitors cannot work in Canada without a work permit. Immigrant visiting Canada and want to work has a few options if you still have legal status in Canada. Get a new work permit, you can apply: from your home country or another country where you are lawfully admitted

A Temporary Resident Permit will help an inadmissible person gain entry to Canada, though only on temporary grounds. TRP can only be used for entry to Canada as a foreign worker, foreign student or as a visitor but not for any permanent residency processes.

According Canada Immigration rules; close relatives of a Canadian citizen or a Canadian permanent resident. To qualify under the Family Sponsorship category, the sponsored person(s) must be related to the Canadian sponsor in one of the following ways:


  • Spouse (Wife or Husband)
  • Parent or grandparent
  • Child or grandchild
  • Dependent child
  • Under 18 years of age brother, sister, nephew, niece
  • Intended adopted child under 18 years of age; or
  • One other relative, if the sponsor has no relative listed above and no relatives who are Canadian citizens or Canadian permanent residents.

The Canadian Business Class is a category of Canadian Immigration under which individuals with business/managerial experience and relatively high net-worth may qualify for a Canada Immigration (Permanent Resident) Visa. Three sub-categories of Business Class are; Immigrant InvestorsEntrepreneurs and Self-Employed Persons.

Permanent residence or "permanent resident status" in Canada is also known as "immigrating to Canada" or becoming a "landed immigrant." The successful end result of the Immigration process is the issuance of an “immigrant visa” or “confirmation of permanent residence document”. Persons to whom an immigrant visa/confirmation of permanent residence document has been issued must present themselves to an Immigration officer at one of Canada's official ports of entry in order to become landed immigrants.

Canadian permanent residents/landed immigrants and citizens enjoy all of the same rights and privileges (i.e. free health care, free elementary and secondary education, etc.) with three (3) exceptions:


  1. Permanent residents cannot vote
  2. Permanent residents cannot hold a Canadian passport
  3. Permanent residents can be deported for certain criminal convictions

You must apply for Permanent Residence in Canada through a designated Case Processing Centre/Centralized Intake Office after migrating to Canada.

IMM 0008 Application for Permanent Residence form can be completed by anybody who is 18 years of age or above. As a norm, this would include your spouse, any dependants not accompanying you that are 18 years of age and older or any dependants who have been enrolled and attending full-time academic, professional or vocational program at a university, college or other educational institution.

When you land in Canada, you will be given an envelope with your PR card application form. Fill this out and mail it at the earliest. According to the Citizenship Immigration Canada website, it takes 63 calendar days to get your PR card. This time applies if you have provided a mailing address.

Only after having resided in Canada for three (3) out of four (4) years as a permanent resident/landed immigrant of Canada, is one eligible to apply for Citizenship.

A Canadian Immigrant Visa is a legal document that enables a person to live and work anywhere in Canada. The Immigration Act and attendant Regulations define several categories of immigrants. They are independent immigrants, entrepreneurs, investors, self-employed persons, family class, assisted relatives and convention refugees

You need to do medical examination to support your application. To pass the medical examination you or your dependents must not have a condition that is considered a danger to public health or safety or would cause excessive demand on health or social services in Canada. The medical examination consists of a standard physical examination, blood tests, urine tests, and x-rays.

No! It is not applicable to pregnant women for safety reasons; x-rays are not taken of pregnant applicants until after the baby has been born. The mother and infant will undergo medical examinations at such time.

After review of your application, a visa officer will review your application and decide if an interview is necessary. If it is determined that you require a selection interview, you will be informed of the time and place. Your spouse and dependent children aged 18 or over may be asked to accompany you to the interview.

The visa officer will ask about your job, work experience, education, and reasons for migrating, plans and preparations. The officer may also ask you questions about your family, spouse and/or dependents, or about your health, financial situation, or past difficulties with the law. You should also expect questions to determine your ability to settle successfully in Canada. Be assured that our office will fully prepare you for the interview with a respective immigration officer as soon as you get the notification.

All independent applicants and their dependants must meet Canadian immigration requirements in order to be admissible to Canada. Consequently, every family member included in the application aged 18 to 60 requires an original Police Certificate/Clearance from every country where he/she has resided for a period of six months or more. As a norm, your admissibility will be established through your police certificate and background reports and will evidence that you have no criminal record.

The Canadian Government performs a background clearance or check. It enables the government to identify person(s) who are, or have been, involved in espionage and/or terrorism. It is separate and distinct to a police clearance.

You can work anywhere in Canada. You should of course, do you research on the city and Province that has the most demand for your skills. If you are coming to Canada under the Provincial Nominee program, I would suggest you go to the website of the Province you applied to as there are new rules about being sponsored by a Province and living in another.

Depending on the town you will be living in Canada, winters can be really harsh for newcomers. Blowing wind can make temperatures feel much colder. Some cities can go down to -40C and some like Vancouver can at worst be -2C. Driving in the snow is something most newcomers have to learn. When you land you will need to buy a good quality winter coat, warm winter hat, mittens or gloves and winter boots for you and the family. Most times we dress in layers for traveling to work and going to school. All homes, offices and schools have central heating which allows a degree of comfort. When you go to the settlement agency they will provide you with tips on what to buy as well as where to shop.

Driver’s licences and permits fall under Provincial jurisdiction so you must check this out based on where you intend to live. In Ontario, if you’re new to Canada, have been driving for more than two years, and come from the United States, Austria, Belgium, France, Great Britain, Germany, Switzerland, Korea or Japan, you are allowed to exchange your driver’s licence for a Canadian one without taking the road test. However, you must pass the knowledge and vision tests for your province.


All other newcomers applying for a licence, who originated from countries not mentioned above, must present a valid foreign driver’s licence, pass a vision and written knowledge test regarding their province or territory’s traffic rules, pay all applicable fees and provide acceptable proof of identity in order to obtain a Canadian licence.

Your foreign driver’s licence may be valid for only three to six months after you arrive in Canada. So it is wise to get an international driver’s license before you leave your home country. Regardless, you will eventually need to take a driving test to obtain a Canadian driver’s licence.


Licences are issued by the province or territory in which you live. In order to receive a licence, you must pass several tests: a vision test, a written examination and a road test. In some provinces, a minimum of 30 days is required between writing the knowledge test and taking a road test.

Some immigrants may have difficulty in adapting to Canada’s Westernized ways, which promote individual freedoms over collective responsibilities. Individuals both men and women have the right to choose their careers, spouses and other life choices.

While Canada promotes multiculturalism, and respects immigrants’ rights to practice their own culture, religion and language, repeated studies have shown that Canadians want immigrants to also adapt to Western ways, from learning the primary language (e.g., English) to allowing freedom of choice for women and adult children.

TOP Open Chat
Close chat
Hello! Thanks for visiting us. Please press Start button to chat with our support :)